Saturday, May 20, 2006

Wolf Eyes : River Slaughter : Hospital Productions
I get off work at eleven pm these days and usually get home some time around twelve. I think I've listened to this album every night after work this week. Rather than to comment on my largely eventless existence, I bring this up to highlight the true radness of these here four sides. See the river takes you away, and then you get slaughtered. It's like going down a waterslide until you spot the grinding saw that you're rapidly approaching, except over and over again. I don't know.
If you've seen them on tour with the kid or on the Live in a Boat dvd, you might remember that there were pretty vicious renditions of Burned Mind standards, along with spacious spook jams. If you liked those jams you'll like these slabs, and even if you didn't like those jams you might like these slabs, as this stuff sits well in the home environment, especially if you're staying up way too late and sweating in a vinyl chair.
After the Deranged cdr and the Prurient split, I was a little worried that they were settling for interesting rather than great, and then they drop this. Back in bleek, back in black. Hospital!!! I will accept donations of the Magik Markers one-sided lp, the Death Unit lp and any Prurient tapes. Really, I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home